Re: Oracle Long mapped as CString

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:39:47 GMT

"JusCause" <kasinadh_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bd9450fa.0309151356.fa39627_at_posting.google.com...
> While mapping an Oracle field of type Long, it comes out as a CString
> map.
> Whats going on here? What can I do to get the correct mapping as my
> code is infinite to change now. :(
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> Thank You.

Not sure what you mean, but a Long in Oracle is for character data and will hold up to 2 gigs of data. It is NOT a numeric value. You should not use longs you should use clobs for storing character data over 4000 bytes. If you want to store numbers then look at the docs for number (otn.oracle.com)

Jim Received on Tue Sep 16 2003 - 05:39:47 CEST

Original text of this message