Re: Company thought DB2 will be better than Oracle.

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:55:59 -0700

Database Guy wrote:
Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1063490783.919594_at_yasure>...

So no attempt was made or intended to insult you, IBM, DB2, or anything
else. What was made was a staight-forward statement of fact based on my
years working with DB2

Your subjective claims ("low" number of...) were dubious, your single
hard claim (need for C compiler on production box), bogus.
Absolutely not. You must recompile on the production box, or should I add a clone of the production box. Which is really the same thing. You can not compile on AIX 5L and deploy on OS/390. And if you can, now, please point me to a link at ibm.com that confirms this change.

Thanks.
--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu