How to query a string containing an apostrophe ?

From: news <jbfidelia_at_multicorpora.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:49:38 -0600

Hi there,

I have a table in an Oracle 9i R2 database containing the following string"

  "It's so easy"

When I try to execute the following query:   SELECT EXPRESSION FROM EXPRESSIONS WHERE EXPRESSION = "It's so easy"

I recieve an error:
ORA-01740-Missing double quote in identifier

I tried to correct the query with a double quote:   SELECT EXPRESSION FROM EXPRESSIONS WHERE EXPRESSION = "It''s so easy"

then the query return empty.

Is there something I'm doing wrong ?

The definition of the table is

CREATE TABLE EXPRESSIONS
(

    ID                              NUMBER(8)              NOT NULL,
    EXPRESSION_IDXED NVARCHAR2(500)     NULL,
    CREATEDATE            DATE                       NULL,
    CREATEBY                NVARCHAR2(20)      NULL,
)

Thanks for your help.

JBF Received on Tue Sep 09 2003 - 18:49:38 CEST

Original text of this message