Re: MS Word to Blob

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 02:21:00 GMT

"northington" <member38396_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:3339451.1062894001_at_dbforums.com...

> Repost
>

> I forgot to mention an important point.
>

> The user has selected a link which loads a word document that is stored
> as a blob into an IE Browser.
>

> I need to convert the word document into a Blob and return it to its
> original rowId. This needs to happen if the browser is closed or the
> client selects "save as" from the file menu.
>

> --

If the user selects save as from the IE menu then they will save it locally and not in the db. You need to have them "upload" it to the database via some API. The thing that amazes me is the lack of effort you put into this. Part of it seems to be a lack of technical expertise on your part. Not much we can do there. It would be like trying to teach a fish basic math. Jim Received on Sun Sep 07 2003 - 04:21:00 CEST

Original text of this message