comp.databases.oracle

From: suresh_24 <member36209_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 05:18:49 -0400

hi,

I'm facing a problem regarding Developer2000 installation where The database clash is occuring i.e.the database version 8.0.5 that's available with developer2k is not compatible with already existing database i'm having 8.0.3 (my operating syystem is windows 98se).

So if i remove that database 8.0.3 from the existing drive and also from the autoexec.bat file and install the developer2k with 8.0.5 database, this database is asking me host string at the time of logging and it's shuttingdown upon entering my IP address displaying the message Host can not be found. What shll i do to avoid this?

An early solution is appreciated.

thanks,

suresh