How to handle a long strings in a pl sql stored procedure,

From: abacnet <abacnet_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2003 16:58:25 -0700

Hi gurus,

I have a # separated string that can be greater than 4000 chars in length. Here is an example : abababa#2121212#vbvbvbv I need to get each token in a loop, in a pl sql stored procedure. That means I need to pass the string as a parameter, in the stored procedure and to get abababa, 2121212 and vbvbvbv. I guess I cannot use Varchar2 since a Varchar2 cannot be greater than 4000 chars. I really a working sample for that.

Thanks, Received on Tue Aug 19 2003 - 01:58:25 CEST

Original text of this message