Re: Problems (with Oracle9) using OCI JDBC driver on AIX 5

From: c_prateesh <member35395_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 06:11:02 +0000

Hi,
 I have oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on AIX 5. I am trying to use the OCI driver to  connect to the database but i get an exception saying closed  connection.
The code is pasted below

try {

        DriverManager.registerDriver(new OracleDriver());
        Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:oci8:_at_
        ","prateesh","prateesh");
        Statement st = con.createStatement();
        ResultSet rs = st.executeQuery("select * from tab_date");
        while(rs.next())
        {
                System.out.println(rs.getString(1));

}
con.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { e.printStackTrace();
}

The above code works fine when i run it on a windows pc with oracle 9i client installed. Could anyone help me out with this. If the drivers on AIX are the problem then where can i get the updated and working drivers.
Thanks in advance
Prateesh