Re: Problems querying oracle db from Access 2000

From: Shawn <sghanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Aug 2003 05:32:46 -0700

jhweb <member34971_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3200808.1060040656_at_dbforums.com>...
> I am trying to query a table in oracle from Access 2000 using the
> following criteria.
>
> select * from table1 where DATE_RECEIVED between '1/jan/2003' and
> '30/jun/2003'
>
> I am using the Oracle odbc driver.
>
> Records should be returned but nothing.
>
> I have tried using different formats, but nothing works.
>
> I am new to Oracle and need some assistance on this small issue.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Johann

You could do what Guido is saying there, but by nature of the ODBC from Access to Oracle, you should just type in the date format the way Access normally takes it. Access will format the date to it's liking, but when it is sent through the ODBC driver to Oracle the date will be converted to the Oracle date format. FYI...the Oracle date formate is '04-AUG-03 12:00:00 AM' for today.

Oracle does it's date format as date / time. It's confusing for new users...I was in your shoes a little over a year ago.

http://sqlzoo.net/howto/oracletip70465.htm Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 14:32:46 CEST

Original text of this message