Re: Mysteriously dropped connection and deciphering the trace

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1 Aug 2003 06:24:03 -0700

asmith42_at_hotmail.com (Alex Smith) wrote

> I have an application that uses Oracle's JDBC thin driver 9.0.x to
> have a nice, friendly chat with 8.1.x database. During this exchange
> the server rudely interrupts the conversation and causes the
> application to fubar.

Don't you find it weird how software get more and more human-like? These days even talking trash to one another.. <sigh>

> nsconbrok: asking transport to enable NTOBROKEN
> nsnainconn: inf->nsinfflg[0]: 0x49 inf->nsinfflg[1]: 0x8
> niotns: No broken-connection function available.
> nazsgunm: failed with error 12630

12630, 00000, "Native service operation not supported" // *Cause: An operation requested by a user is not supported by the native
// services component.
// *Action: This may be an internal error if the operation should have been
// supported.

My guess is that you have the thin JDBC drivers wired for some option that Net8 on the back-end can not support. Or, this option is hardwired (but then this should have been in readme's hopefully).

I did a google on http://www.google.com/search?q=oracle+jdbc+broken-connection+function

It turned up quite a few pages. Hmm.. seems like this option that fails is akin to an IP OOB at OraNet level to deal with a CTRL-BREAK from the client. You may make more sense out of that google set than I..

--
Billy