Re: SQL construct not supported in informix ?

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.eyebeem.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:21:38 -0400

I don't think this is standard. To teh best of my knowledge teh standard requires a correlation name for the nested fullselct (or "inline view" in Oracle speak).
Here is what I get in e.g. DB2:
db2 => create table t1(c1 int);
DB20000I The SQL command completed successfully. db2 => select * from (select * from t1); SQL0104N An unexpected token "" was found following ")". Expected tokens may
include: "AS". SQLSTATE=42601
db2 => select * from (select * from t1) as f;

C1

  0 record(s) selected.

I don't have IDS installed yet (moving laptops), so I can't test there.

Cheers
Serge Received on Fri Jul 25 2003 - 15:21:38 CEST

Original text of this message