Re: DBMS_METADATA PL/SQL Supplied Package

From: Markus Eltschinger <fake_address_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:28:10 +0200

Hari,

as Daniel already mentioned, set the LONG value in SQL*Plus to a high value. Don't forget
to set the size of the increments (chunks) in LONGCHUNKSIZE also to avoid unintentional
text wrapping. Here's a simple script:

SET HEADING OFF
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET TERMOUT OFF
SET LONG 99999999
SET LONGCHUNKSIZE 640
SPOOL C:\TEMP\PKG_DUMMY.SQL
SELECT DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL('PACKAGE','PKG_DUMMY') FROM DUAL; SPOOL OFF; Kind regards,
Markus Eltschinger

Swisscom IT Services Ltd
Data Warehouse Development
1752 Villars-Sur-Glāne FR