Cubegeek.com - Multidimensional Thought for the BI Professional

From: zyro <sixo61_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2003 21:30:26 -0700

Hi,

This is Michael Bowen. I've put together cubegeek.com as a new and hopefully exciting site for the BI professional to network, share get information. This is the industry's first portal built from the ground up to support cross-vendor applications. I'd like you to join us.

We are at a turning point in our industry. The demands are greater than ever. The BI professional needs to know more about n-tier environments, UNIX security, ERP integration and products from multiple vendors. Just mastering one technology is not sufficient in today's environment. Cubegeek.com is designed to gather professionals of different disciplines in the BI space.

Whether you concentrate on front-end design, Java application servers, RDBMS, ETL, OLAP, project managenment, security or sales, you will find something useful at Cubegeek.com.

I've been waiting to put this site together for a long time. Almost two years in fact. The idea first occured to me when I was working for Dan Druker at Hyperion's new eCRM division. Products and ideas were coming around so quickly and there were so many people to communicate things to, there was no way to keep on top of all the information.

The main thrust of Cubegeek is to provide a forum for more than just technical stuff, but industry happenings and cross-vendor information. I want it to be a comprehensive site where people can share war stories but also download metadata, talk about best practices and have a bit more selection and options than with simple USENET groups or mailing lists. You can post news stories, contribute to the downloads section, get and send private messages and participate in polls. Now we as professionals in this complex and fascinating industry have our place to speak out in a congenial atmosphere which is not controlled by anybody selling products. The potential is great.

It will take some time for this site to grow to critical mass, but as long as I am in the industry, I will contribute. But I think you will find many ways to contribute as well. So welcome and enjoy. This site's for you.

Michael Bowen, headgeek

http://www.cubegeek.com Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 06:30:26 CEST

Original text of this message