Re: Oracle to double hiring of Indians

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 15 Jul 2003 19:49:54 -0700

"Iain Brown" <iain.brown_at_uk.thalesgroup.com> wrote in message news:<bf15fi$rlg$1_at_rdel.co.uk>...
> Some of these responses smell of fear...

that's one way of approaching it. The other is: it's an open recognition of a widespread scam.

> The most developed societies have always needed to do the most high-tech
> jobs in order to compensate for their high labour costs.

And this explains the use of Indian resources exactly how?...

> And if India is
> getting itself an IT (and call-centre) sector, then good for them.

Problem is it isn't. We're being told it is by companies with vested interests. Spot the (minor) difference?

> And they
> should get paid a decent wage for it too...

Yeah, right! Helloooo?...

> Besides, if you're good enough, you shouldn't have to worry...

I don't. Others do. Judging by many, many comments here and in many other places.

> Either that or work in defence ;-)

Hey! I resemble that remark!
:D

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 04:49:54 CEST

Original text of this message