Info on Oracle Replication

From: Amy <kaneamy_at_msn.com>
Date: 8 Jul 2003 14:36:01 -0700

Hello All,

We are currently looking into archiving our production system. I have looked into several different options to accomplish this, and Oracle Replication is one of them.

Can anyone give me any info on Oracle Replication? We currently have Oracle 8i, and it comes with the GUI interface Replication Manager, which we would be using. We are running on a Windows environment. I have read issues about having to monitor too closely after the fact, deadlocks, etc.

We are looking to create a separate Oracle instance and dumping the data in there. It would be read-only. We would want to automate the updating and when the replication ran automatically, as it would be changing. We don't know for sure yet if we would like this instance to serve as a failsafe to the live system.

Any info or feedback would be greatly appreciated. I want to get a better idea of how users and DBAs out there like this product, and if it is manageable.

Thanks!!
Amy Received on Tue Jul 08 2003 - 23:36:01 CEST

Original text of this message