Re: HELP: dbms.job - scheduling job at exact time

From: s.kapitza <skapitza_at_volcanomail.com>
Date: 25 Jun 2003 10:30:00 -0700

AFAIK this isnt possible in Versions < 9 (in 9 and greater i dont know)

you have one (or more) job queque(s). They check every job_queue_intervall (defined in init.ora) for jobs to process. So there will be alway some delay between check and execute.

You could try to set job_queue_intervall very low. Maybe to 1 sec. but you have to check the manuals. Even then it not guaranteed to get 00 sec.

possibly you get more acurate results when triggering the job outside the dbms (cron etc).

regards

s.kapitza