Re: Performace Degrade after upgrading to 8.1.7.4

From: Mahesh Hardikar <hardikarm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 21:11:47 -0700

Hello ,

Thanks for clarification.
We have db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8 db_block_buffer_cache is already at a high value of 1.2 GB (4k Block size) making total SGA to 1.7 GB (Shared Pool 300 MB). So I don't think it will be worth to increase it futher. I always see higher Consistent Reads & effectively lower cache hit ratio of 45-50 but uers are not complaining abt read performance. Should I try lowering db_block_buffers ? I will try setting db_file_multiblock_read_count to a higher value.

Should I change PCTUSED on the fly ? Reimport will not be feasible since it takes almost 3-4 hours of downtime .

Thanks & Regards,
Mahesh Hardikar