Optimal way to store check images.

From: sammy <skasu_at_firstam.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 09:14:44 -0700

hi all,
  we have Oracle Financials applications, that we use to print checks. Currently we store the images of the checks as pdf document. The way we do it is, by using FORMSCAPE server (running on Windows 2000 server) and print and save at the same time. The saved file is moved to the APPL_TOP environment ( on unix server, and lot of SAN space used)next day for the users to view the image online. The link to the saved file is stored in the FND_ATTACHMENTS table. Currently we do not have an archiving methodology, because of business requirements.
We are expecting the current volume of checks printed each day ( ~ 2000) to quadrauple in the coming months. Does anyone have any ideas, if there is a better way to do this process.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
-- sammy Received on Thu Jun 12 2003 - 18:14:44 CEST

Original text of this message