Re: Stored Proc Fails

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2003 12:25:44 -0700

Looks like SQL server coding style, yes? Have to learn how to code properly for ORALCE PL/SQL. Does not look like you need a function here. Just use a procedure. There are quite a few requirements and restictions on calling PL/SQL functions from SQL. One of them is that you are not allowed to change the database (insert, update or delete on tables). Read the ORACLE DOC on these more advanced topics. Though for beginners, learn the basics first...