Re: How to remove tables from KEEP Buffer Pool ?

From: http://www.webyourcompany.com <xzhang88_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 May 2003 16:23:40 -0700

IN order to unkeep you can try:
1) take the underlying tablespace offline, the blocks associated with it will be flushed out of the buffer cache. or 2)
 alter table testt storage( buffer_pool default);

The buffer pool hit ratio can be determined using the formula:

hit ratio=1 - physical reads/(block gets+consistent_gets)

Where the values of physical reads, block gets, and consistent gets can be obtained for the KEEP buffer pool from the following query:

SELECT PHYSICAL_READS, BLOCK_GETS, CONSISTENT_GETS FROM V$BUFFER_POOL_STATISTICS WHERE NAME = 'KEEP'; the db cache hit rate can be calculated via SELECT NAME, VALUE
FROM V$SYSSTAT
WHERE NAME IN ('DB BLOCK GETS', 'CONSISTENT GETS', 'PHYSICAL READS'); Calculate the hit ratio for the buffer cache with this formula:

Hit Ratio = 1 - (physical reads / (db block gets + consistent gets))

PLease note as long as your users are happy, you don't need to care about those cache hit rate.

HTH
http://www.webyourcompany.com