How to remove tables from KEEP Buffer Pool ?

From: Mahesh Hardikar <hardikarm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 May 2003 22:11:41 -0700

Hi ,

Oracle 8.1.7.4 on HP-UX 11.00

Developes have pinned few tables in KEEP buffer pool. When I checked the sizes of those tables , there are few tables which are large one & I wish to remove those from KEEP Buffer Pool . How do I do that ? Currently I have only KEEP pool defined.

Also wanted to know which is the safe way to check DB_Cache_Hit ratio ? Should I check it thru SGASTAT or I can use v$buffer_pool_statistics as well ?
Both the queries are showing me differences (Buffer_pool_statistics shows lower value than v$sgastat )

Thanks & Regards ,
Mahesh Hardikar Received on Thu May 29 2003 - 07:11:41 CEST

Original text of this message