Intermittent OLE DB Provider Errors

From: Joe Mundi <joe.mundi_at_aventis.com>
Date: 28 May 2003 12:27:49 -0700

I am at wits' end with intermittent errors experienced on our intranet web site using ASP 3.0/ VB 6.0 COM objects on Windows Server 2000 SP3, MDAC 2.7 SP1, Oracle OLE DB Provider 9.2.0.1.0. We get random "Catastrophic Failure" or "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name" errors. However the site works for a period of time then we get the error. Restarting IIS allows the site to work for a period of time again, but then we get the error again. We use Oracle Names server to establish connection to db. TNSPing using the connection string works fine. Any ideas on where to look, or what trace files to create to find a root cause? Anyone ever seen this before? Any help would be appreciated... Received on Wed May 28 2003 - 21:27:49 CEST

Original text of this message