Bulk loader and sequence issues

From: Subrahmanyam Arya <avsrk_at_mailcity.com>
Date: 28 May 2003 12:32:05 -0700

Hi,

I am using oracle 8.1.7 standard (say cannot use enterprise edition and partitioning). I have some very large tables. The tables get full and need to wrap around after X number of rows. Now, can i use bulk loader for inserts while i define sequences on these tables ?? Has any body encountered issues with using bulk loader and sequences getting messed up. If sequences are messed up, it will mess the deletes on that table.If i dont use bulk loader,inserts will be damn slow. Any alternatives.

-hope i was clear in my question

-thx,

avsrk Received on Wed May 28 2003 - 21:32:05 CEST

Original text of this message