Re: Error logging in Oracle

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 27 May 2003 06:31:06 -0700

"Von Shean" <vonshean_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<55d47669153519c0f191930b63240e56_at_news.teranews.com>...
> I am trying to find some means in which i can get alerts of the application
> errors that are generated by oracle server. I have found alert log. But it
> logs into a file which will be required to parse by some application before
> i could send my self an alert. Kindly suggest any in-build method for
> reporting of oracle errors. I am using oracle 8.1.7.
>
> Regards,

Monitoring the alert log is probably the primary method used for this; however, starting with either version 8 or 8.1 database event triggers bacame available and there is a database level error trigger.

See the Concepts manual section on Triggers on System Events and User Events then the SQL manual.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue May 27 2003 - 15:31:06 CEST

Original text of this message