CLOB.createTemporary throws ClassCastException...

From: Ante Sabo <asabo_at_baron.foi.hr>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:17:35 +0200

Hi all,

I have one problem which I cannot figure out. In my Java code I am trying to instantiate one CLOB object in which
I will place needed data, and I am constatly getting ClassCastException:

                java.sql.Connection con=this.getConnection();

                oracle.sql.CLOB c;
                c=CLOB.createTemporary(con,false,CLOB.DURATION_CALL);
<--- here it fails

   Call stack:

java.lang.ClassCastException
at oracle.sql.CLOB.getDBAccess(CLOB.java:733)
at oracle.sql.CLOB.createTemporary(CLOB.java:527)

I don't have Oracle's source codes, so I cannot see what is there wrongly 'casted'. Anyone having same experience or some clue to follow? Received on Tue May 20 2003 - 13:17:35 CEST

Original text of this message