Re: Memory Usage

From: Jay Miller <Jay.Miller_at_remove-this-part.via-it.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:49:50 -0400

We had the same problem with Oracle 8.1.5 connecting with OleDb. When opening and closing a connection using the same connection string 100 times in a row, the server shows 100 open connections. We don't have the problem in Oracle 9i.

For our 8i customers (which is most of them) we have had to implement our own connection pooling. We just keep a pool of connections open and recycle them for new calls. We are using .NET, and the only gotcha is that we have to be sure to close the DataReaders (cursors/recordsets), since the connections aren't being closed.