Re: D2K trouble!

From: Guido Konsolke <Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 08:24:29 +0200

"Sharad" <sharad_rajan_at_lycos.com> wrote...
> Hey there folks !
>
> I am working on Developer forms, and I have this problem..Its trivial,
> so Im thinking one of you pros out there wud be able to help me
> out...After displaying a 'STOP' style alert, I want the cursor to
> remain in the same text field (Lets say, Im doing a validation on the
> number of characters in a password, the alert should pop up,and after
> pressing OK button, the cursoe should reposition itself in the same
> field, and erase the previous entry. In my case, the cursor moves away
> to the next field.
>
> HELP please !
>
> ~ Sharad

Hi Sharad,

i presume you do this validation in a when-validate-item trigger. This trigger fires when the cursor already left the felt, so it has lost the focus.
If you want the cursor to be in the password item after your alert, you have to navigate it manually.

hth,
Guido Received on Mon May 05 2003 - 08:24:29 CEST

Original text of this message