Using parameter values in WHERE clause

From: Tim <tim.webster_at_bt.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2003 08:50:42 -0700

has anyone ever had a problem using a parameter value in a where clause, as opposed to a static string? I have an issue where if I use a parameter value, the clause seems to be ignored, while if I put in a static string, or assign the parameter to a local varible and use that instead, it works fine.

If I print out the value of the parameter in my debugging log, it looks totally fine as well.

Although there are easy workarounds for the problem, it's baffling me and I would like to know if anyone else has ever seen this. I certainly haven't in my roughly 4 years Oracle experience.

Thanks Received on Wed Apr 30 2003 - 17:50:42 CEST

Original text of this message