Re: Oracle sucks!

From: Bill <beilstwh_at_obg.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2003 06:09:27 -0700

"TC" <donotuse_at_donotuse.com> wrote in message news:<PdRpa.604121$L1.171274_at_sccrnsc02>...
> Oh that is because DBA job security is a feature built into oracle ;-)
>
> //tc

I have been an Oracle DBA for 8 years and I have a couple of points to make. Before Oracle had their GUI tools, setting up a new database was a lot of manual work. However, it is now fairly point and click. And I have some oracle databases that have been running cleanly for 8 years with little maintenance needed. We are running Oracle 7 on Solaris, Oracle 8 on Windows and Oracle 9 on Linux and they all just keep doing their thing with no problems. Received on Fri Apr 25 2003 - 15:09:27 CEST

Original text of this message