[Local] Oracle Clustering File System talk in Northern Calif., April 21

From: William Kendrick <bill_at_newbreedsoftware.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:30:01 GMT

Mark Fasheh from Oracle Corporation's Linux Development Team will be speaking at the Linux Users' Group of Davis (LUGOD) tomorrow!

He'll be discussing Oracle's Clustering File System, or OCFS. OCFS is a clustered database file system written at Oracle for the Linux kernel (as a file system module), and released under the GNU GPL. The presentation will describe the basics of OCFS, including on disk layout, advantages of extent based systems, locking strategies, change notification, journaling/node recovery, and database optimizations. Lay out the reasoning behind our design choices, what we've learned from those, and future OCFS improvements.

In conjunction with the Oracle Technology Network, he will also be bringing the latest Oracle 9i Database on Linux software for all attendees!

For more information, visit:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/

For driving directions, maps, carpool information, public transit links, etc.:

  http://www.lugod.org/meeting/library/

This meeting is free and open to the public. LUGOD is a 501(c)7 non-profit.

  http://www.lugod.org/

See you there!

-bill!
pr_at_lugod.org