Re: newbie tablespace coyp question

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 20:25:57 +0200

Elsanto666 wrote:
> Hi,
> i have a tablespace usr1/pwd1_at_db1.
No you don't - that's the login.

> i would like to make a copy of it on a different db usr2/pwd2_at_db2.

Why? what's so interseting about tablespaces you want to copy them? You want the tables, I presume.

 > i'm working on oracle 8i
>
> 1 - is exp/imp the utility to achieve this and how?
Yes - it's in the Utilities manual

> 2 - do i have to create the second tablespace and the user before?

Yes, you may, but it's not neccesary - see manuals

> 3 - is there a faster/different way?

Yes - search archives: create table copy as select from original_at_remote is one.

A piece of serious advice:
looking at the way you pose the question, you do not understand diddly-swap about oracle. Get familiar with some concepts first.

People sometimes accuse me of throwing them in the deep, but you're in for shark invested waters, not knowing how to swim!

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel