Re: SQL*Loader - what happened?

From: Monica Roman <monicaroman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2003 06:11:49 -0700

> Look for a .log file that says what all is wrong. It will say whether
> you have bad data errors or all the constraints failed. If you don't
> have a .log file, specify one when you run the command.
>
> jg

Hi,
I looked at the .log and it says that:

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table TABLEX, column TBLDATE. ORA-01861: literal does not match format string

When I created the table, I said: CREATE TABLE Tablex (

	                          TblDate  date, ...etc);

The log file said:

   Column Name                  Position   Len  Term Encl Datatype
TBLDATE                             FIRST     *   ,       CHARACTER
TBLPRIORITY                          NEXT     *   ,       CHARACTER
etc.

So I think it is trying to bring in the date as character. How do I make it load as a date in this format? 2003-04-07 08:59:15

Thanks so much! Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 15:11:49 CEST

Original text of this message