[LOCAL] 'Big Iron' talk: Oracle presentation in Davis, CA April 21st

From: William Kendrick <bill_at_newbreedsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:20:38 GMT

On Monday, April 21st, 2003, the Linux Users' Group of Davis presents:

  "Oracle Cluster File System"
  presented by: Mark Fasheh, Oracle's Linux Development team

    OCFS is a clustered database file system written at Oracle for the     Linux kernel (as a file system module), and released under the GNU GPL.     The presentation will describe the basics of OCFS, including on     disk layout, advantages of extent based systems, locking strategies,     change notification, journaling/node recovery, and database optimizations.     Lay out the reasoning behind our design choices, what we've learned from     those, and future OCFS improvements.

    In conjunction with the Oracle Technology Network, he will also be     bringing the latest Oracle 9i Database on Linux software for all attendees.

This event is free, and open to the public!

It will be held at:

  Davis Library
  315 East 14th Street
  Davis, CA 95616