Re: - Console is very slow

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:11:39 +0100

Andre wrote:

> Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<3E775BD7.5030500_at_netscape.net>...
>

>>Andre wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>I am running a oracle server on the network (lan)
>>>When using the console on my computer (client) the
>>>console is very, very slow when i click
>>>for example on a trigger. When i click another trigger, it takes about
>>>one minute before oracle shows the trigger which it's contents.
>>>
>>>How can it be so slow ???
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>Andre van Rossem
>>
>>Define console - it's not a text interface (you seem to be able to click)
>

> Sorry for that. It's the oracle enterprise management console. (OEM)
>
> regards, groetjes,
> Andre van Rossem

Memory on the client? Speed of the client? After all, it's a java program you run.
Another question - do you connect directly, or via the Management Server? If Mgmt svr, is that running on the client, too? More memory needed.

Then - the agent on the database may not be running; you may have network problems, etc, etc.

I have no problems running mngmt server and console on my laptop (PIV 1.1GHz, 512MB)

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel