How do I move space delimited data into new fields with SQL?

From: Dafella <dafella007_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2003 13:57:04 -0800

I need to move the move the above data using SQL into new fields that have been created in the same table

Newfield1 = FTMYFLXA04W
Newfield2 = VPI0043
Newfield3 = VCI0184
Newfield4 = SLT005
Newfield5 = PRT00001

I'm thinking I need to use INSTR but I don't understand how use it for this purpose.

Here's what I'm trying to do in plan english.

Select User1 field
start in position 1
Select all characters to space into Newfield1. Select all characters from newfield1+space to nextspace into Newfield2 etc
etc

Can someone please give me an example of how to accomplish this.

Thanks

Steve Received on Thu Mar 13 2003 - 22:57:04 CET

Original text of this message