ORACLE7 on MVS and how home host is configured

From: Paul Norris <paul_at_enterconn.co.uk>
Date: 10 Mar 2003 06:51:12 -0800

Hi,
i have posted this item here in the hope somebody out there knows about
configuring Oracle7 in the mainframe. I am a network systems programmer
and we are currently reconfiguring our TCP/IP stack to use VIPA, i have
been advised that the SQL*NET associated with ORACLE7 retrieved the name
of its home IP stack by issueing a GETHOSTID. We want the process to query the DNS Server for the IP address, Thanks in advance Received on Mon Mar 10 2003 - 15:51:12 CET

Original text of this message