Re: Oracle Server initialisation

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2003 09:15:55 -0800

julius99 <member24503_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<2523569.1045128297_at_dbforums.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I work on a project with Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.0
> At the begining all works perfect
> But after some days of use, oracle is slow.
> When i run "svrmgrl" or "sqlplus", it takes 5 minutes to launch and 2
> minutes to go out !!!
> After launch, it works nice : no problem for the request on the database
>
> And i don't why run oracle is suddenly too slow
>
> My OS is Unix SCo
>
> anyone have an idea ?
>
> It is possible that the problem is a memory problem ??

You might be expercing a problem with the otrace facility introduced with version 7.3 and which I believe has been removed by 9.2

See the cooperative FAQ article: Why does it take so long to connect to the database (v7.3) if your problem is that it takes a long time to get a connection URL ->
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/slow_connection.html

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Feb 13 2003 - 18:15:55 CET

Original text of this message