Re: views and synonyms

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 11:01:57 -0800

I hope you're not on a production database! It's very very dangerous to delete objects from Oracle's data dictionary, from what I heard. You could introduce some data integrity issues, and end up not able to start your database. And don't ask Oracle for help after you did such a thing. But if you want to go ahead anyway, this data dictionary view's definitions can be seen as user sys:

select text from dba_views where view_name = 'V_$FILESTAT';

Daniel