Re: how to return a record from pl/sql function

From: Ethel Aardvark <bigjobbies_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 02:14:38 -0800

Tim,

I haven't done this for a while, but can't you define a record type in the package and use that as the package-level data type rather than using the cursor type?
The function could copy fields from the cursor to the record a field at a time, but everywhere else would see it as a single variable (of a record type).

Sorry, no example and no real chance to try it!

Regds,

ETA (P.S., Hope this makes sense!)