SAFE Rules, defragmentation

From: NorwoodThree <norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 13:42:50 -0800

Hi,

I was reading thru the SAFE Rules whitepaper ("How to Stop Defragmenting and Start Living: The definitive Word on Fragmentnation").

There is a part that I cant seem to translate to 8i and newer...basically in the paper:

Regarding tablesaces (particulalrly section 2.1.1)

  1. NEXT should = INITIAL
  2. PCTINCREASE should equal zero
  3. MINIMUM EXTENT should equal INITIAL

Thus, this is their example for such rules in section 2.2.1:

create tablespace tbspc_name
datafile 'dbf_name' size 102404k autoextend on maxsize 204804k minimum extent 4m
default storage (initial 4m next 4m pctincrease 0

                 minextents 1 maxextents 4096);

How does this statement "translate" to 8i using the UNIFORM clause? Am I missing the concept here? How do you get the statement to run in 8i?

Thanks. Received on Mon Feb 10 2003 - 22:42:50 CET

Original text of this message