Re: Clone a database to another server using RMAN on Windows 2000

From: Larry <lblair_at_adaptisinc.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2003 10:29:08 -0800

bpathakis_at_yahoo.com (Brent) wrote in message news:<1736c3ae.0302061734.1807855c_at_posting.google.com>...
> lblair_at_adaptisinc.com (Larry) wrote in message news:<a8e19c11.0302061156.62bc6c27@posting.google.com>...
> > 1. We have a database that is up 24-7.
> > 2. We do hot backups everynight using RMAN.
> > 3. We need to create clones on other servers for development and test.
> > 4. The hard drive architecture is different.
> >
> > What I have done
> > 1. Modified the TNSNames and database services to have a login user
> > and password other than Windows system user. This user is a Domain
> > user with admin rights.
> > 2. I created shares on the servers for the service owner both where
> > the hot backup is and where I want to create the new clone database.
> > 3. In the rman script I have put SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE .... for
> > each datafile that is moving to a new location on the remote server.
> > 3.5 I have started the clone database in nomount mode and have a valid
> > subdirectory structure in place.
> > 4. I start the RMAN script and get a lot of messages and then get the
> > following.
> > Itappears that it can see the remote subdirectories to restore the
> > datafiles but it can't see the local subdirectory where rman's hot
> > backup files are.
> >
> > Has anyone done a successful clone of a database to another server
> > with Rman. What am I not seeing or setting up corrrect?
> >
> > Thank
> > Larry
> >
> > channel ch2: starting datafile backupset restore
> > channel ch2: specifying datafile(s) to restore from backup set
> > restoring datafile 00003 to
> > \\STA01DB\E$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\USERS01.DBF
> > restoring datafile 00012 to
> > \\STA01DB\G$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\CMIFML12.DBF
> > restoring datafile 00029 to
> > \\STA01DB\G$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\CMIFML07.DBF
> > channel ch1: starting datafile backupset restore
> > channel ch1: specifying datafile(s) to restore from backup set
> > restoring datafile 00001 to
> > \\STA01DB\E$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\SYSTEM01.DBF
> > restoring datafile 00004 to
> > \\STA01DB\F$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\CMDFSL01.DBF
> > restoring datafile 00059 to
> > \\STA01DB\E$\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\RBS06.ORA
> > released channel: ch1
> > released channel: ch2
> > RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> > RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS
> > ===============
> > RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
> > RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 01/16/2003 13:56:51
> > RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script
> > ORA-19505: failed to identify file
> > "F:\ORACLE\ORADATA\MI9I2\MI9I21FED1PAP_1_1"
> > ORA-27041: unable to open file
> > OSD-04002: unable to open file
> > O/S-Error: (OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified.
> >
> > Recovery Manager complete.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've also used rman (also to clone a db)....
>
> Did you specify a path with you did the hot backup?. For example, my
> [...]

I did do a hot backup. The following is the script that does it. The file it is looking for is in the place it says it can't find it. Have I not setup Windows security and permissions correctly? I have a login user on the Oracle services and then have shared that directory to the login user.

run {
allocate channel ch1 type disk
format 'F:\oracle\oradata\MI9I2\%d%U';
backup database setsize = 5000000
include current controlfile;
sql 'alter system archive log current';
backup setsize = 5000000 archivelog all; release channel ch1;
}

Thanks for the suggestion:
Larry Received on Fri Feb 07 2003 - 19:29:08 CET

Original text of this message