can't write a long string to XmlType from JDBC

From: RS <rsikka99_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2003 08:58:00 -0800

We're using Java/JDBC, and we want to write an XML document that is greater than 4000 bytes. We're using the 'xmlType.createXML' call that takes a string version of the XML document.

But the problem is that it gives a "String literal too long" error (ORA-01704 I think). We've tried calling TO_CLOB, and the XMLType function, but we get the same error. Also tried using a bind variable with a PreparedStatement and a CharacterStream - get a NullPointerException for that when the document string is too long.

Help! Please...

Thanks. Received on Wed Feb 05 2003 - 17:58:00 CET

Original text of this message