Re: A newbie question concerning changing users in Oracle8

From: ena <billie5xxREMOVE_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:29:04 +0100

"dg" <dvillalo_at_avega.com> wrote in message news:921a292a.0301231305.3177595a_at_posting.google.com...
> Sys and internal are the same account (when you connect internal, you
> are logging in as sys). Therefore if you changed the password for
> sys, this would also be the same password for internal.
>
> i.e. if the SYS password were "BOAT"
>
> CONNECT INTERNAL/BOAT
>
> and
>
> CONNECT SYS/BOAT AS SYSDBA
>
> would do the same thing.
>
> If you can still get into your system account, you can change SYS's
> password back to whatever you want.

I've tried and I can connect INTERNAL with SYS password, but before I made this changes I was able to connect INTERNAL with password ORACLE and now I can't.
Is there some way I could fix this ?

Thank you for your reply, Billie. Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 08:29:04 CET

Original text of this message