Re: Oracle JDBC problem

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 15:53:49 -0800

qwert12345_at_boxfrog.com (Doug Baroter) wrote in message news:<fc254714.0301211104.31edddad_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thanks for the response. Here's more info:
> - same SQL statement executes fine on the same Oracle9i DB via
> SQL*PLUS client.
> - same SQL statement executes fine on an Oracle8i DB either via
> SQL*PLUS client or via the application interface I'm using now.
> - my application is excecuted by an application server called CFMX by
> Macromedia
> - under my Oracle installation's jdbc directory, the README file reads
> "Oracle JDBC Drivers release 9.2.0 README", so, I assume it's JDBC 9
> driver.
> - I tried some other SQL statement against the Oracle9i DB via the
> application also failed
> - and the weird thing is, the datasource connection is verified as OK
> via the CFMX's interface.
>
> Any further thoughts would be appreciated.

There is a known bug posted in Oracle metalink about using pre-9i JDBC thin driver to connect to 9.0.1 database [ORA-00600 error]. It may have been fixed in 9.2 because I tested the same connection from my first post using thin JDBC driver from 8i to connect to 9.2 and it worked fine.

  1. Check your classpath variable to see that there is no reference to ORACLE8i_HOME\jdbc\lib\classesxx.zip. If there is then replace it with ORACLE9i_HOME\jdbc\lib\classesxxx.zip|ojdbc<Ver>.jar.

Read section "Setting Up Your Environment" under the readme.txt file that you mentioned in your post. It also has other usefull info. If problem still persists, I would suggest you visit http://metalink.oracle.com and post it there.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 00:53:49 CET

Original text of this message