replication - which solution best ?

From: Leszek Kosinski <l_kosinski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jan 2003 09:19:43 -0800

I am looking for the best event triggered replication solution for a many to one configuration, as close to real time as possible, where databases would be replicating over WAN. Replication should include database objects as well (once a new database object created, it should be reflected on the replica).

I have looked at Oracle Streams, materialized views and a Sybase Replication server.

How do these solutions work, from the following perspectives:

  • multiple Oracle databases versions
  • big or increasing data volumes
  • % of integration work type - product configuration vs. customized implementations ?
  • resynchronization upon restarting db servers
  • possibility of replicating data from SQL Server databases

Thanks,
Leszek Received on Wed Jan 15 2003 - 18:19:43 CET

Original text of this message