Re: Low Hit Ratio

From: Brian E Dick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 14:25:02 GMT

If you have available real memory, increasing cache size may give you some relief. But watch out, because like Jim says your reports may be using disparate data and are flushing the cache. If this is the case, then you would need a very large cache to significantly lower the cache hit ratio. And a large cache may actually reduce performance if real memory is needed more for other purposes.

Slicing the pie up differently may not help. You may just need a bigger pie.