Can't Open 9i Olap Viewer

From: Tommy Hansen <rudmose_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 01:09:46 GMT

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the latest Oracle 9i from oracle.com. I chose the Data Warehouse configuration. My system is Windows 2000 Professional SP2. The install seemed to complete successfully. I can access & browse tables & OLAP information through the Enterprise Manager Console.

When I right-click one of the demo cubes and choose "OLAP Viewer" I get a couple of message boxes. One is an OLAP Viewer splash screen. It says "Connecting to OLAP Service" then "Reading Cube Meta Data". Then I get an empty alert box. When I close it I get a message saying "Instance-20016 DB authentication failed. Cause: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12500: TNS-Listener failed to start a dedicated server process".

Following that the Enterprise Manager Console hangs. I have to kill it. Also, the OracleServiceORCL is shut down and needs to be restarted.

Any ideas as to what may be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Tommy Hansen Received on Sat Dec 21 2002 - 02:09:46 CET

Original text of this message