Oracle 9i Web Forms Problems

From: Pete <luongopm_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 Dec 2002 07:57:05 -0800

Hi. We are currently trying to upgrade our 6i Forms C/S application to 9i Web Forms. I've installed 9iAS Release 2, which requires upgrading to Forms 9i. Its a client requirement to use Release 2, so we can't keep our Forms in 6i and just run them on the web unfortunately. I've gotten it to work for the most part, but ran into a few errors, which I'm hoping someone can help out with.

We have 9iAS setup on its own box and are testing in a fully-windows environment.

1 - The Hint Text for each item on the screens is no longer visible when using Oracle's JInitiator. When using IE 5.0 with the native JVM, the hint text is visible (its quirky, but I can see it) However, in any other browser (including IE 6) where you need touse Oracle's JVM, the hint text is no longer at the bottom of the screen. Any suggestion?

2 - We are using Oracle Reports as well, and have some canned reports we would like to be made available in PDF form through the app. I was using the RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS) built-in, but that is replaced in 9i Forms with RUN_REPORT_OBJECT. However, I can't get this to work properly and connect to the Reports Server that is running within 9iAS. The RUN_REPORT_OBJECT built-in is supported in 6i Forms and I can get it running in C/S mode. When I re-compiled the same form in 9i, I added in the name of the reports server (its running on the same box, btw) but tha didn't do the trick.

If you have any ideas or suggestions to these two problems, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Pete