Oracle .NET Provider for different releases

From: Steven <steven_at_retailanswers.co.uk>
Date: 15 Nov 2002 01:13:18 -0800

Hi there,

I am developing an ASP.NET application for a client who have Oracle 9i release 1 installed on their system. We recently purchased Oracle 9i release 2 for our offices to develop in house. I have found the .NET oracle provider for 9i release 2 on the otn.oracle.com website, but I cannot find the 9 release 1 equivalent. Is this going to cause an issue when we port the system to their Oracle servers? Will I be able to load the 9i release 2 provider onto Oracle 9i release 1 and use them the same way?

Thanks in advance
Steve Received on Fri Nov 15 2002 - 10:13:18 CET

Original text of this message