Won't let me configure XDB config

From: TMan <anonymous_at_anon.no>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:15:17 GMT

Oracle is really starting to frustrate me with this...

I use 9i and it comes with something called XDB which is some sort of useless XML database. The problem is it uses port 8080 by default which conflicts with my permanent HTTP server- causing it to get socket bind errors. I tried to change the port using the Oracle Enterprise Manager console as instructed in an oracle help document, but it does not work! They tell you to log in as DBA, open the XML Database node and open the Configure module. Then you are supposed to be able to change parameters of the server including it's port. The problem is when I click Configure it stalls for a few seconds then comes back with an error that it cannot create an object for the server. Then it causes me to get disconencted so if I try again it says "not connected". Can anyone tell me what is going on here?

I have also tried the SQL method, which makes a couple of calls and then executes PL_SQL to refresh it, but it does not make any changes to the server! No error is given, all the calls are successful- yet the server continues to reside on port 8080... Received on Tue Nov 12 2002 - 23:15:17 CET

Original text of this message