Re: Tablespace DDL

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2002 17:31:03 -0800

lthompson003_at_yahoo.com (L Thompson) wrote in message news:<a8596b26.0211111015.172545bc_at_posting.google.com>...
> Anyone know of a way that I can pull the DDL for the tablespaces out
> of a database. I am moving an Oracle database from one server to
> another. The two database have different blocksizes so I cannot use
> the transportable tablespace feature. The new database is 8.1.7 and
> the old one is 8.0.3. I am trying to avoid going in and manually
> recreating all the tablespaces in the new database.

There are plenty of scripts floating about and in various administration books and gui tools of the form SELECT 'CREATE TABLESPACE '||TABLESPACE_NAME||' STORAGE (INITIAL '||INITIAL_EXTENT... ||';' FROM DBA_TABLESPACES, or you can simply use exp/imp features with no table data, or perhaps use the unix strings command grepping for "CREATE TABLESPACE" on the export file...

The advantage of scripts is that you can put some thought into maybe fixing things before you load the data.

Maybe this will work for you:
http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=1020180.6

jg

--